pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Friday, August 25, 2006


VODKA -- The one drink that is so special to me.. The first liquor that I tried when I was still that gullible young girl years ago.. The first liquor that made me so tipsy, yet, so high.. The first liquor that I requested for Feng to buy the whole bottle home for me...
I guess it must be due to those memories of my teenage years, that made me feel so attached to vodka, since it's almost the only liquor that my girlfriend and I drink..
Thus, for many years, its vodka sprite, vodka blue, vodka ribena, vodka silver, grain vodka...etc...before switching to vodka shots..

After meeting Feng, I kind of switched to beer.. Tiger. Always felt that carlsberg is the nicer one, but he converted me. There was once we went drinking with 2 of his friends at bedok..I remembered drinking quite alot, after eating a heavy dinner of Fish & Chips... On the train towards home to redhill, I was trying SO goddamn hard not to puke.. Once we reached my stop, down the escalator and out of the control station, I turned right, and immediately puke into some bushes..

All I can recall is Feng patting my back, and handing me a continuous stream of tissues in the dark dark night...
After that night, we had even more drinking sessions, with our little game that consists of a 50 cents coin, tissue paper and a cigarette.. The loser will have to down a tall glass of beer with the coin and cigarette ash in it.. Feng is unfair. He always ask me not to drink the beer with all the junk in it, if I were to lose..But.I.insist, and, became a much much better beer-drinker..Finishing a large bottle within __ minutes. ( Forget le. Got to ask Feng)

However, drinking depends on the occasion.

When we are at Cosy Bay, overlooking the sea and enjoying the breeze, I would prefer a cocktail..I remembered having a Lime magarita, and Feng, a vodka orange.

When we are at Intercontinental for some late-night drinks, we would either order some liquor-coffee, house specials or red wine..and enjoy the cosy ambience..

When we are preparing for some little weekend-getaways, I would be tempted to bring along my limited edition Bordeaux Superieur (Hello Kitty Classic Wine) with 2 wine glass..but, we'll end up not drinking it, since I've already kept it for years..

Just now, I had tequila with some vodka..and suffered the pain in my kidney again..Feng had to pour me warm water to try to soothe the pain..how I envy him, can enjoy his drinks without these consequences..

Well, I can say that we are frequent drinkers, but, I'm no longer a heavy drinker, considering my problem..Feng can enjoy my drinks for me!

Liquors, spirits, wines and beers are special in a way..They tastes different everytime I drink them..
When I'm in high spirits, they tastes somehow bitter n dry.. When I'm in an extremly bad mood, they tastes so smooth and soothing to me..like pure spring water to a thirsty traveller..

I'll end this entry with vodkas... It is said that vodka is actually similar to the contents used in nail polish removers..sounds rather yucky to me..However, the memories attached to it is far more precious to me..Vodka is like a "bridge", linking me back to the past..and thus, I'll savour every drop of it, enjoying the heat that runs down my throat....

Vodka...

Probably, the best liquor in my world..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/