pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006


On the 5th June 2005, the day of my 21st birthday, I wrote the following passage on a blank piece of paper. It was 5.10am. I don't have a blog at that time..thus, I always pen down my feelings on papers I can find around my room..here it goes...

MY 21st BIRTHDAY

The journey to adulthood hasn't been an easy and smooth sailing one. It has its fair share of ups and downs. Most of the time, its filled with sadness, anger, fear, depression, resentments and tears, as well as countless conflicts with the people around you. Everything you do seems wrong and invites controversy just because you are assumed to be a minor..

Now that I've reached another stage of my life, I must try to come to terms with all imperfections of the world, of life, and of people. Not all hopes and dreams become a reality, but I hope that I'll be contented with the things that I have..

I have to say that at 21, I am looking forward to a marraige life already. That seems to be the most wonderful thing---love. Love sustains life and keeps you going even at the most difficult times. I've found my true love, my future husband. Today, at 12 midnight, he presents a cake named "chocolate addiction" from NYDC. He sings me a sweet birthday song, and presents me with a 0.14 carat diamond ring, the hearts and arrows version, complete with a certificate of authencity and a special viewer to view the diamond. All this happen in a romantic wine bar by the sea, overseeing the night skyline of Singapore. He told me the ring is our "prior-engagement" ring. I can't find any word to describe my feelings..

He told me the significance of the ring while i sipped on my chocolate martini. A strong, almost on the rock concoction, with a tinge of cocoa powder round the rim of the martini glass. I love it--strong alcohol running down my throat.. I'm the most fortunate girl in the world, as far as I know..The 1st time a guy presents me a real diamond ring in an exquisite box, on my important birthday, talking to me about the wonderful life that we are going to lead together..omg, I'm only 21 with such wonderful things happening to me..I just can't stop smiling..

May this wonderful start to my adulthood brings me great things in my life-- happiness, peace, joy, love, romance, serenity and laughter. So glad to know that my future husband treats me so well. He makes me feel important, loved, special and treasured. He told me a few days ago that my name is "precious"..What else can I ask for? May my life be glorious, sparkling, shining and shimmery!

On the 5th June 2006, the day of my 22nd birthday, I spent the first half of the day working. A few years ago, I would have taken leave. However, this thought didn't cross my mind this year. In fact, I feel rather grown-up, almost sophisticated, knowing that I am willing to work on my birthday..

After work, Feng showed up. He was in a formal shirt, pants and leather shoes..carrying lotsa things in his hands. We went back to the same wine bar again. This time, while looking at the night view, I got a little surprise. Three waiters appear with my cake, complete with candles..They were all trying to prevent the strong wind from blowing the fire away. I feel so touched. Again, Feng sang me my birthday song, and present me my presents. They are from Guess? and Shu Uemura. Just the things I always wanted..The cake is the BEST I've ever tasted-- Boo Boo from NYDC. The shooting stars in the night sky is definitely a bonus. Again, I feel that I'm the most fortunate girl. As long as I have you, Feng, to sing a birthday song to me on my birthday, I feel fortunate already. No birthday bash or party...just you, and me, to complete my birthday. A romantic birthday.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/