pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Thursday, June 01, 2006


I felt the familiar sensation again..This time, it's damn strong..I want it badly..I'm craving for it... The rich, creamy, wickedly-sinfully deliciously sweet devilish-food....CHOCOLATES!! This time, its not the usual chocolates that you can buy off the shelves of chocolate boutiques or candy empire...I'm craving for fried chocolates.

Feng and I went all the way down to buy it..Deep-fried Mars Chocolates!!! Can you imagine it? Hot, crispy batter with the half melted Mars chocolates inside. Those caramels...those nougat fillings..Bite into the batter, and the chocolate goo explodes into your mouth..I have eaten lots of Mars chocolate bars in my life..The normal ones as well as the ice cream version..Fried ones? I've got to try it! Just thinking of it makes me drool....

The long queue did not deter us. We patiently wait for our turn. I felt kind of weird when I repeat my order to the server. "Fried Mars bar with vanilla ice-cream." Then, I stepped back with a tinge of embarrasment. ( I don't know why, I can't explain. I wanna giggle abit at that moment. Gd thing Feng is next to me. If not, I'll be mistaken as a "xiao char bor")
When I finally held the bowl of fried chocolates with vanilla ice-cream in my hands, I felt as if i'm a small girl..( You know, wanting something so badly, then, finally having it in your hands?) It felt warm and cold...And to be truthful, it looks like "sai"...delicious "sai"..

Feng and I sat on a pink bench..We ponder for a moment who should taste it first. Feng volunteered. I fed him. It must be the weirdest kind of food I have ever fed him. Almost immediately, I pop one into my mouth, after staring at it for a second..

Verdict: When I first bite into it, my brain register it as Fish & Chips. Then, I tasted the familiar Mars Chocolate that is half melted. As usual, the chocolate goo got stuck in my teeth. Feng commented that he can feel the oil in the batter. Me too. Fried flour with chocolates and oil and ice cream. Not too bad.. the hot and cold sensation is shiok, sending pangs to my sensitive teeth.. If you feel that it's disgusting, don't. Let me put it this way:
Imagine eating Fish & Chips, then, reaching out for your chocolate ice cream. That's it. (Anyway, all of us don't brush our teeth after eating our main course what..we just proceed to enjoy our desserts..)
Overall, I told Feng I award them 3 out of 5 stars. He agreed that they would fare better with a thinner batter, and better drainage of the oil. We both agree to eat it again if we ever pass by the shop, and the queue is short.

My craving is not satisfied yet. We went to coffee-bean for ice-blended white chocolate and a warm mud pie. That's when I felt a sense of satisfaction..then, chocolate-overload..I told myself to stop, before i get into a fit. This kind of indulgence is damn bad for health..and figure..
Until my next craving for the devilish food, I swear i'll drink lotsa water..and, in the meantime, do some research for the best chocolate buffet in town!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/