pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Thursday, June 29, 2006




Since young, I have always dreamt of opening a cafe. My cafe will be one that sells the most fanciful cakes, the prettiest tarts, and the most decadent desserts...Preferably, my cafe will be built within a garden, surrounded by fresh blooms and soothing scenaries..

It will have such good ambience that a guy can bring his girlfriend there for a romantic light snack after dinner, a bunch of girls can do some "catching-ups" with one another over their delightful smoothies during weekends, tai-tais can enjoy their warm lattes after their manicure sessions, the busiest businesswomen can calm herself with a cup of chai tea while overlooking the garden, and the girl just out of love can quietly savour her bitter-sweet mocha while her equally bitter-sweet memories run through her mind..

Apart from the ambience, the cakes and desserts that are served will be made from the freshest and richest ingredients. I will never scrimp on the quality of the ingredients. I will also put in my outmost effort in decorating the cakes, so that all girls wouldn't even bear to slide their forks through them..The menu will be ever-changing too, perharps, according to the different series that I will set..

For example, in the Fruit & Flower series, diners can expect to see lavender cakes, orange madeleines, raspberry-liquor chocolate cakes, rose tea and other fruit teas in the menu..

In the Princess series, the menu would be filled with recipes like the marshmallow cakes, Caramel Cupcakes, light buttery sponge cakes with the prettiest frosting, bite-size strawberry shortcakes as well as butterscotch milkshakes and honey tea..The dining set will be in sweet, pastel colours too..

In the Zen series, recipes like the chilled green tea mousse cake, japanese washi cake, mochi dessert, Chai Tea as well as Sake will fill up the menu. When the cakes are served, they will sit on top of delicate rice papers, in a long rectangular plate..with little frosted tealight holders..

I don't usually crave for cakes, neither am I particularly interested in starting my own business..Thus I cannot explain my desire to start a cafe in future..However, I often find myself staring into bakeries and cake shops just to look at the cakes on display.. In the book stores, I'll fish out the cake recipe books just to look at those pictures..During my free time, I'll pick up my colour pencils just to draw cakes and desserts, as well as design menus for my cafe, uniforms for my cafe staffs, and even a blueprint on how my cafe's interior and exterior will look like. When I'm with Feng, chatting, I'll suddenly say something like, "You will have to open a cafe/bakery for me in future.." Perharps my dream will come true, Perharps I'll grow out of it one day, Perharps..., Perharps....

Perharps, I was a strawberry shortcake in my past life...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/