pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Thursday, August 03, 2006






I finally tried fondues. I am always toying with the idea of trying it, but, didn't, coz the sight of fruits put me off big time. I hate fruits!
However, Feng suggested that we try it on our 38th month anniversary..It sounded great, after strolling by the beach. Thus, we went to the Haagen Daz at Tembling Center for our 1st fondue experience.

The serving of the fondue is large! I thought it could easily feed 3 adults! As usual, the fondue comes with fruits---crunchy green apples, sliced bananas and sweet strawberris. It also comes with waffles, chocolate chip cookies as well as chocolate love letters. The special part is the 12 mini balls of ice cream that are served. 4 flavours---tiramisu, strawberri, macadamia, and vanilla if im not wrong. When the ice cream ball is dipped in the sauce, the sauce coagulate immediately, so that it forms a chocolate crust. There is also a small dish of chopped nuts to sprinkle on the warm chocolate sauce. I have to say that the consistency of the chocolate sauce is perfect. It does not drip, wrapping around the fruits in an intact manner. It felt extreamly loving to have a fondue with your love one. As for me, every mouthful is heavenly, though i am extra careful when feeding Feng. The sharp skewer is abit scary. The bill turn out to be $43, but its definitely money well spent.

Last sunday, Feng suggested we have fondue again. This time, we went to Max Brenner. The fondue comes with 3 sauces---Dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. As for the ingredients, it consists of marshmallows, banana bread, strawberris and bananas. Feng loves the dark chocolate, which i don't. Dark chocolate is bitter! I prefer the white chocolate sauce, coz it tasted like milk powder. The milk chocolate dip gives out a sweet and milky aroma that makes me feel extra cosy, apart from the dim ambience. While eating, Feng and I decided that the bananas goes well with the white chocolate, marshmallows and bread with milk chocolate and strawberris with dark chocolate. The fondue looks like an aroma theraphy holder, with candles burning beneath the dish. After finishing the ingredients, we asked for a teaspoon to finish off the last drop of sauce. Ultra sinful!

Thus, in one week, we had two fondues. Im glad that i ate more fruits due to the fondue. Guess this is one perfect reason for me to give in to my weekly fondue treats!

I'm looking forward to having cheese fondues next. I have always preferred savoury to sweet. I'll choose butter popcorns to honey ones, chicken pies to cream pies..The thought of dipping seafood into the cheese sauce makes me drool..My only problem is that i can't find a valid reason to enjoy the cheese fondues, since they are high in cholestrol and calories..

Anyone care to help by offering me some valid reasons for my indulgence?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/