pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Just when i least expected it, i saw it. Feng and I were lying on my sofa, joking and laughing about nothing in particular, when he suddenly pointes to the TV and exclaimed, " Hey! Look!"..
This half-confirmed my ultimate fear. I turned, and saw the familiar face of that guy on TV, and the almost sickening phrase, "Pepper-drumletz meal coming up!!!" I wanted to die at that moment. I was shrieking and felt my face melt instantaneously. Burying my face in my hands, I asked him the ultimate question,"What did u see?" Without thinking, the half hysterical Feng dutifully replid,"You tied up your hair in a ponytail right? hahaha..And you were wearing red? First in the line..?" THAT'S IT. Regrets after regrets after regrets. I have betrayed myself.

For those of you who don't have a hint of idea what im talking about above, good for me. If you knew about it already, I have nooo idea why im over reacting. It's nothing actually, maybe just my side profile for 0.1 seconds, but...it's still me..

I believe it's predestined, for me to look at my worse on TV..I can still remember a few years ago, while dancing for NDP at Kallang Stadium, I find myself staring straight into a camera after making a turn. That time, it was for 3 seconds. I forgot my dance steps after that! My make-up was done by Cosmoprof. Thick, dramatic, and so-not-nice. A few years later, in 2006, im on TV again. In one of my ugliest top. Cheshire told me not to wear black, white, or bright coloured clothings. (No black? I'm done for! However, still better than some yellow top, right, Boqiang?)

On that faithful morning, I pulled and pushed myself out of bed at 6am, with only 4 hours of sleep. The whole morning went by monotonously, doing the same routine actions again and again..till i'm half asleep and pulled my messy hair up in a loose and untidy ponytail, Boqiang popping panadols, and Cheshire stoning...Soon after, I saw 1 of the crew staffs pointing at our direction, and signalling for mi and Cheshire to go over. That's it, we were to pose as other customers at the counter.

Afterwhich, we stood under the freezing aircon for don't-know-how many-freakin-minutes, listening to the never-ending chants of "Pepper-drumletz meal coming up!" Freezing, tired, and doing O.T. for 2 extra hours is so tormenting!
When the eurasian girl told us we are done for the day, I felt as if im finally released from prison..7.30am till 6.00pm in the fast-food restaurant, eating props as snacks.... cold, limpless fries..( I had diarrohaea for a few days after that)

Feng rewarded me by bringing me to the nearby glutton square for their "zi-char" and "famous" fried oysters..(the fried oysters arent that fantastic leh, saph, u'll have to pay me $6..) and, after more retail theraphy, we gladly went home.

Well, it's a refreshing and exciting experience, meeting nice and pretty people, exchanging beauty tips with some girls there as well. Its a tiring but very fun job, attached with the anxiety of waiting for the commercial to appear on TV..Cheshire and Boqiang are fun and friendly people too! Lastly, Feng, im sure that apart from Cadbury's Chocolates and Walsh-together, you'll have 1 more commercial to look forward to... McDonalds!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger confused said…

    you're in a commercial!? wahaha.. how'd you get that job?

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger holder of the pink pandora box said…

    Boqiang:
    U havent? I've seen it twice already..u'll see more of it as world cup nears..
    So did u tell your primary school mates about it? haha..
    Do try the pepper drumletz meal and tell me how it tastes k?

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger holder of the pink pandora box said…

    Edna:

    Yes, for a slight second only..haha..but u can't see me if u dun take special notice of it..MB kept mkg fun of me..sobz

    Choon Liang asked me along, so i went! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/