pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006


To celebrate our 3rd year anniversary, Feng and I checked into this well known boutique hotel on saturday. It's a very special experience indeed! The hotel is chic and modern with an artistic feel to it. The big bed is damn high and soft and comfy and fluffy and firm yet very very bouncy! The bathroom is absolutely transparent, so anyone can see anything that the other person is doing inside! The flat screen, high resolution TV is definitely a bonus as well.. plus those romantic lightings..Whao! ( Hun, lets go back again real soon!)

We spent the afternoon rather lazily, watched 2 movies at 1 go on HBO channel.. Scooby Doo and The last ride, which i think is a great movie. It talks about the bonding between a grandfather and his grandson, through the passion for fast cars. They haven't met each other before, since the grandpa is in prison for 30 years, but, his grandson always sees him as a hero. The show also talks about the love between the grandpa, Ronnie, and his dead wife, Kate. Ronnie said that the thing that kept him alive in prison for the past 30 years is the memories of Kate. In the show, Ronnie passed away. It ended with a photograph of Ronnie and Kate, very young in their teens, laughing and hugging infront of Ronnie's car. Of coz, i cried. That, is everlasting love. Everytime i hear a story of an old couple still very much in love with each other always make me feel soo touched. Perharps, that's the reason why i can't bear to hear the song, Love,me. (Feng, when i say " I do" on our wedding day, I picture the both of us still holding hands, when we are very very old, with white hair and deep wrinkles..and I'll still hug and care for u, like u're a prince to me..)

Afterwhich, we had Fish & Co for dinner..The new york fish & chips is sinfully delicious! Melted cheese in between the crispy batter and the fish..(But after trying the Manhatten Fish Market Restaurant today, I feel that Fish & Co should feel very threatened! I tried the grilled platter while Feng ate the Alaska Pollock Fish..Thumbs-Up! With great service!) After dinner, we bought a tub of Belgian chocolate ice-cream from Haagen daz back to our room..while listening to the love songs on class 95, especially the one from Dakota Moon, 'A promise I Make"..Omg itz sooo romantic..Then........... ( Censored )

I slept at 5am while he catches another show on TV, which i think he enjoyed big time! As there's complimentary breakfast for us the next morning at the hotel's cafe, of coz I have to pluck myself out of bed! It's complimentary! I'm NOT gona miss it!! The breakast is the healtiest breakfast we have ever eaten in our lives.. 2 sunny-side ups, 3 poached potatoes, bacons, wholemeal breads, cereals, fresh orange juice and warm, rich cappucino. ( the norm for us is nasi-lemak for Feng, and the 'yummy' food that school provides for me, or, no breakfast at all!)

Well, apart from this romantic weekend-getaway, what really touches my heart is the heart-to-heart talk that we had together. Looking back at our relationship, it comprises of so many touching moments. We shared lotsa laughters and a little bit of tears here and there. We've come a long long way. I told Feng that throughout our relationship, we walked our journey hand-in-hand together. Whenever I fall, he carried me on his back. He is always there for me, never once let go of me or let me down. He never once failed me, or make me feel alone. This emotional journey is naked to our eyes, yet, it's so real and can be felt so intensely. Our love story is the most loving and touching one I have ever heard of. So close to my heart..The story of Shan & Feng.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger paddie said…

    so romantic!

    I totally agree, the best fish and chips are Fish & Co's New York fish and chips.. my favs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/