pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Friday, May 05, 2006

This is a song that's quite special to me. It was introduced to me by Feng on the first few weeks that we met. He was telling me about this song that narrates a car accident, and how a girl died in her boyfriend's arms..( I love this kind of songs! ) And so, on the next day, Feng brought the cd to school for me. I listened to the song as soon as i got home that night. The music is quite chirpy, and the rhythm, fast. The melody does not coincide with the lyrics of the song at all! However, i still played it on repeat mode, coz it's introduced to me by Feng! I fell asleep listening to the song, and wake up to it too..I think i heard it in my dream as well..

Here's how the lyrics goes:

Oh where, oh where, can my baby be?
The Lord took her away from me.
She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good,
So I can see my baby when I leave this world.
We were out on a date in my daddy's car,
We hadn't driven very far.
There in the road straight ahead,
A car was stalled, the engine was dead.
I couldn't stop, so I swerved to the right,
I'll never forget the sound that night.
The screaming tires, the busting glass,
The painful scream that I heard last.
Chorus
When I woke up, the rain was pouring down,
There were people standing all around.
Something warm flowing through my eyes,
But somehow I found my baby that night.
I lifted her head, she looked at me and said;
"Hold me darling just a little while."
I held her close I kissed her - our last kiss,
I found the love that I knew I had missed.
Well now she's gone even though I hold her tight,
I lost my love, my life that night.

And so, this song accompanied me on the first few weeks that i met him. Our first few weeks were fun already, or rather, exciting. Love those 暧昧 feelings that ive got! ( Those together-but-not-officially-together feelings)
I've since lay off that song already..but, at times when i hear the song by chance, i'd go abit hysterical, after experiencing those warm and sweet feelings that's so close to my heart..
This special song that i've been talking about is none other than Pearl Jam's "Last Kiss".

2 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Cheshire said…

    yup, 2 thumbs up for Pearl Jam ...

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger holder of the pink pandora box said…

    You like Pearl Jam too?

    Anyway,I was next to Feng when he was reading this particular entry..guz wat? He sang the song to me..omg i couldnt tk it..that was sooo sweet...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/