pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Monday, April 24, 2006


I had a real bad throat inflammation and flu since thursday..its sooo bad that i had to lie in bed the whole of saturday..i swear my throat is burnt, and, hotter than the sun! As for my nose, its soo stuffy that i find it hard to take my temperature! Coz the thermometer kept slipping out of my mouth when i tried to breathe..Although im used to having throat infections for at least 3 times a year, the suffering is still so hard to bear..
I tried to recall if i've eaten any poisonous food on Thursday...nothing that bad though, thus, i am convinced someone had put a curse on me, or rather, my throat..
Let me bring you back to that faithful day-- 20th of April, Thursday.

Time: 4.21pm Venue: An indian coffeeshop at Kembangan..(My breakfast)
Well, i had a hot, crispy, freshly-made cheese prata, with equally yummy fish curry! The fish curry came with bits of lady-fingers..which i dutifully finished..wastage of food is a sin!

Time: 5.33pm Venue: Feng's room..(My snack)
I had a kit kat chocolate bar in hand while watching Holland V. I was armed with the peanut butter version. Delicious, creamy peanut butter flowing out of the thick yummy chocolate.
I told Feng he could have half of my chocz. In the end, he has to settle down with abit more than
1/5 of the whole bar. Nonchalant, i went to sleep after the show.

Time: 8.16pm Venue: Bedok Hawker Center..(My dinner)
We ordered roasted chicken rice for 2. The skin is chewy, with a strong sesame oil taste to it! The chilli sauce..SPICY! I told Feng they are wise to add lemon juice to it...Yummy-licious!!
And of course, we'll have to order fried oyster omelette! (Its a MUST if we were to eat at hawker centers or K.P.T.) The oyster omelette is one of the best i've tasted recently..it's saltish and crispy enough for my liking..and the oysters are somewhat succulent too..
Satisfied, we went home.

Time: 12.59pm Venue: Home..(My supper)
I poured in enough of honey-stars for 2 into my big bowl, followed by ice cold HL milk. After which, i scooped up spoonful after spoonful of sweet sugary honey stars. After the last star disappears, i finished the honey-flavoured milk.

That's it! That's what i have eaten that day. The next afternoon when i woke up, the symptoms came. I kept having to clear my throat, and my throat started to feel hot..I was horrified! I requested Feng to buy back the seafood-flavoured bowl noodles, instead of the curry one for my lunch..At night, i had porridge, while Feng ordered oyster omelette and prawn-paste chicken rice for dinner. I thought this will help atone for my sin. Nevertheless, on saturday morning, i had IT big time! I laid in bed the whole morning and afternoon. We were supposed to meet a friend for lunch at a nearby hawker center. But i asked Feng to go ahead. I had difficulty walking to the toilet then already. I heard they had western food for lunch. (70%-done steak for our friend,JH, and chicken cutlet for Feng)
However, i was touched when Feng came back with 3 bottles of drinks--Honey Peppermint, Luo Han Guo, and Honeysuckle flower tea. Feng told me JH says that LHG is good for throat. As for the Honeysuckle tea, Feng says he bought it coz he felt that i might like it's name. ( I can imagine 2 big guys discussing and buying these drinks for me..touched!!)
Apart from these drinks, i finished 6 Danzen tablets, 3 cups of Lemsip Max with honey, 2 packets of strepsils, 2 tall glasses of warm salt water, countless tablespoons of cold honey, and 1 gallon of plain water..I refused to see a doctor! I would have been a pauper already, since im having throat inflammation at a very frequent basis..Instead of asking me to go see a doctor, my mum asked me to go eat ice-jelly at the dessert store..(guess we have the same mentality already..) However, Feng stood by me. He told me he'll be sending me to a doctor if i still don't get well. I told him there's no incentive already. I don't need a MC since it's the holidays.
So here i am now, still downing water and honey, and watching over my diet closely. "No spicy or fried, heaty food," I reminded Feng to remind me. Guess i can be my own doctor too! I was offended when mum reminded me of the Angie-The-Choice durian puffs in the fridge instead.
How very inconsiderate and uncaring of her!
I pray my throat will get well soon. Unlikely, i tell myself. Coz i started coughing on Sunday morning. Guess i just have to accept it. "At least i won't die from coughing," I consoled myself...
But still, i'll have to be healthy again soon..coz of the word, 'temptation'. To be precise, 'temptation' from spicy, heaty, fried and yummy food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/