pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Sunday, March 19, 2006


I have always been interested in tea tasting..especially flower tea, where i can see the rose petals floating in my teacup. Nothing beats sipping a warm cup of flower tea during rainy nights..igniting my cosy room with soft orange lights, dropping a few drops of essential oil on my pillow, and relaxing under my warm comforter with a good book while listening to the love songs on class 95...
Was at this little cosy tea hut off bugis junction last sunday with my significant half, when i learnt more about tea from the friendly lady owner.. He ordered a pot of peppermint tea, while i chose rose tea..that's when she told me that, to sweeten peppermint tea, we got to add sugar. For rose tea, it would be honey..for others, it would be rock sugar..(funny) Arent they all sweeteners?

That brought me back to last year, when my laogong surprised me with a tranparent tea set, completed with strainers,teacups,stirrers, and a box of tea leaves..(touched. damn touched) Apparently, he bought them from the Esplanade, which i supposed would be very expensive.. i was thinking, how could he take this small hobby of mine so seriously? He made me feel better by telling me that he bought the set so that i can make tea for him everyday.. :)

Am always interested in the complicated tea ceremony that apprentice geishas have to learn.. guess what? one of my "dream" is to become a geisha one day..(to the horror and anger of my laogong!) But u must understand that this is due to the rich culture that geishas possess, as well as their poise, elaborated make-up and beautiful silk kimonos..well i guess i can dream on..no okiya would accept a 21 year OLD girl as their apprentice..
Since i can't sing those japanese songs or recite those long poems, i might as well practise on my o-cha making skills so as to be one step nearer to my "dream" of becoming more similar to a beautiful & mysterious geisha!
Some favourites:
  • Good old lemon tea
  • Caramel tea
  • Berries tea
  • Honey tea
  • Pink Rose Tea

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Cheshire said…

    well ger ... sth veri interestin ... i'll be a loyal reader frm now on ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/