pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Friday, March 24, 2006


I was thinking, since i like food so much, i might as well start a food blog! But i decided against it..coz this blog of mine is still like a baby to me..and i definitely dun want to divert my attention away from it..so here it goes:
Talking about my all-time fave food (for the past 21 years), itz none other than instant noodles!
Be it those that needs to be cooked, or those that come in a cup or bowl version, anything goes! And it doesn't matter if it's the soupy or the dry version, and i'll eat any flavours that it comes in...on one condition: NO other ingredients should be added to it. No vegs, no meat, no crabsticks, no eggs!
To me, instant noodle is one of the best food invention ever! Its divine..and i'll always savour every single strand of noodles, and every drop of soup..i can feel my adrenaline rushing whenever i tear open the sachets of dry ingredients, soup base, chilli powder,onion oil.....heavenly!
And i don't care if its MSG or fat-laden, unhealthy or sinful. I can eat it daily, for every meal. A perfect scenario would be: a packet of chicken-abalone noodle for breakfast, supreme curry cup-noodles for lunch, tom yum bowl noodles for dinner..and ramen char mee for supper!
Obviously, my parents got to know about my instant noodle-obsession, and since dunno-when, it has kind of become a "banned-food" at home. Mum will ask me in an unbelievable tone (almost shaking in her voice) if im comtemplating with the idea of eating that divine food again for my next meal..when a 5-packet noodles come into her sight..
And thus, ive learnt to be smarter! I'll drop by 7-11 everyday after school to grab that wicked bowl of noodles, leaving no evidence behind..
There was this time when my project meeting ended quite late, and everyone promptly headed to the school foodcourt for lunch, except me..
Hungry as i was, i told my groupmates that i'll eat cup noodles at home. One of them was like "Dun torture yourself la!" I felt tickled upon hearing that..."Far from it! It's enjoyment!"i told myself..If only there's a stall selling maggie mee-goreng in school...
I'll willingly spend $4.50 to buy those kimchi-ramen set in some foodcourts too, well knowing that its actualli instant noodles..yes, auntie, you can fool me in the name of instant noodles...
If you recall my earlier entry, i said im finally taking care of my health..ha!
There, i've told you already, i can fool myself in the name of instant noodles..n i mean it...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Cheshire said…

    yup ... this i wld agree ...
    instant noodles is heavenly ... no doubt abt tt ...

    do u noe back in e army days, instant noodles is wat we survive on ...
    in camp ... when ppl feel hungry, pop came instant noodles ...

    this is especially true when we go outfield, where we spent e nite sleepin in e dense forest/open area. ppl wld jus pop the curry flavour & start cookin ... some even eat it raw ...

    however, it's realli super unhealthy ... u shd stop yr obesssion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/