pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Friday, January 25, 2008

I've laid off Japanese food!

It comes as a surprise to people around me
with regards to the statement above..
To be precise,
I've laid off raw Japanese food!
Due to a darn bad case of food poisoning,
possibly from sashimis and salmon roe..However, after nearly a month of abstinence from it,
I gave in last Saturday..
That's worth a celebration!
Although its only cooked food..
We went to M.O.F
Ministry of Food
A boiling pot of eel and egg,
cooked with kirin, i supposed..
Plus piping hot kara-age chicken..
Tempura is the safer bet for me,
since i haven't gotten over the food poisoning yet..
Its our 2nd time to M.O.F,
and on both occasions,
we enjoyed the food thoroughly!
They always serve their food and desserts
with little cards like this to suggest the best way to savour it..
The surroundings of this contemporary,
new Japanese restaurant on the block!
Complete with nice, cushioned chairs..
And Japanese traditional/cultural
decorations like this..
After drinking westernized tea and coffee,
ask for more green tea to end the meal!

My sudden change in appetite has caused Dad to be a little more happy
with the choice of food I prefer.

Everytime Feng and me reached home,
I hear him asking Feng the same question,
"What's for dinner?"
and Feng giving him the same answer- "Jap food."
Then, Dad's familiar sign,
and Feng's grin.

However,
This is just temporary!
I'll get over being poisoned by sashimi soon enough!

And you'll see us sitting by the conveyor belt again,
hurling over a fresh platter of sashimi..

There are just some lessons we choose not to learn..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/