pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hey...
Are you someone like me,
who can't get to sleep that easily at night...?
Lez' u're dead tired..?

I always have a book on standby on my bed..
in case I have insomnia that night....
If I do, I'll switch on my orange lamp and read..

When I read,
it need not be continuous...
I'll just flip to a page randomly and read from there...

One of those books that I always read is
Geisha of Gion
by Mineko Iwasaki..
She is cited as one of the best geisha of this century..
In this non-fiction novel, she describes her life from a young girl,
to an apprentice,
to a maiko,
right down to her settling down finally with her husband in Kyoto,
where she lives now...
Included are some pictures of her too...

The details of a life as a geisha is described in such an intricate way,
it's almost like watching a movie,
not just reading a novel..Next book,
Memoirs Of a Geisha
This, a non-fiction book written by Arthur Golden..
This book created a big hoo-ha among the Geisha community,
as Mineko Iwasaki is "blamed" for revealing the life of a geisha
to an outsider, which is a big no-no...
Apart from reading, a warm cup of japanese green tea helps..
Feng's Mum gave me this bottle of Green Tea,
bought from Tokyo..

It has this very distinctive, musky taste to it,
not everybody can get used to...

However, I luved it soo much I get
withdrawal syndroms after I finish it....

Now where can I get another bottle of this..?
With green tea powder till the very last sip...

Finally, maybe a few drops of essential oil to help drift off to sleep..?
I heard lavender helps...?
But I'm not a great fan of it..
I'd rather stick with my trustworthy vanilla or almond...

In the middle of the night,
I guess, is the best time to read a good book..
to reminisce the happenings of the day....
and to look forward to another tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/