pandora's box

A simple blog that pens down my thoughts and happenings, without fanciful photos or sophisticated wordings.

Sunday, April 01, 2007


A few months ago, not knowing what to do at night..
Feng and I decided to visit Little India..
We went to the Mustafa Center..
judging from how big that place is,
I only bought a packet of Ovaltine biscuits..how fun..
We then went to have supper at this Indian restaurant we discovered..
its just next to Mustafa..
It's really crowded!!!With Indians and tourists..
Lurved the wall paintings of the restaurants!
So vibrant and colourful!
We ordered this..
I forgot what dish this is already,
but i suppose its tandoori chicken?
Thoughtful them! Wrapping the chicken with the aluminium foils..
It's very well marinated!
Yummie!
The restaurant serves keropok as well..
One thing about Indian restaurant, is the price of their plain rice..
Feng and I went to one at Boat Quay,
and they charge us $4 for a small bowl of white rice!
This, if my memory never fail me,
should be butter or cereal prawns..
It's fried with curry leaves..
and its real fragrant and crispy!
The masala chicken on a casserole!
The gravy is spicy enough, and real appetising!
I'll definitely order this again when I go back!
We had a real full supper that night!
Each table had a big metal flask of iced water..
Perharps for those tourists who aren't good at spicy food?
Feng and I are real happy we found the right place to have supper..
There are just too many eateries around, and this restaurant serves real nice food,
with good service as well! The price, though a little steep, is worth it!

After supper, we went to walk around..into small little lanes as well..
It's a bit rowdy, with transvetites everywhere at a certain lane..
One trans even smiled and talked to me?!!
"Xiao Jie, hui jia ar?"(Hey, going home?)
And I said something like "Wo you bu ren shi ni!"
( I don't know you!)
Nothing against them, but i dun like strangers talking to me..
Well, it's like a place out of Singapore..
The only familiar thing is Feng, next to me..
When we got out of those dark lanes, into the main road,
Everything is familiar again!
It's a real fun and different night!
Do visit that place at night as it's more lively and interesting!
I'll visit little India again soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger SaPpHiRa said…

    BRING ME TO LITTLE INDIA! The chicken is making me drool! Promise k? oh and tian tian's biz is damn good by 7 its closed! Its supposedly rated the best in Singapore by the way!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alright!

    After the exams, we'll have 2 places to go!

    One is little india, and the other is the cemetery that Cindy mentioned..

    I reali mean it ok...

    By the way, if you like braised chicken rice, the stall at Novena is one of the best too!

    Check out my November entries!!

    Momo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://vinceable.imeem.com/music/IHGuZLR_/shi_ying/